- Rigorous, engaging, and built to state and Common Core standards, and adheres to iNACOL National Standards of Quality Online Courses
- High-quality, state certified teachers experienced in synchronous and asynchronous instruction
- Flexible program implementation and management designed for virtual learning
- Granted program approval by the NCAA Eligibility Center to offer nontraditional instruction for student athletes
- Fully accredited by AdvancEd and recipient of the ISTE Seal of Alignment for Readiness
EdOptions Academy utilizes Edmentum's Plato Courseware to deliver effective online learning programs to all types of learners. EdOptions Academy's fully-accredited virtual school solution allows schools and districts to enhance, expand, and extend their curriculum offerings.
EdOptions Academy educators are committed to building strong relationships through consistent interaction with students. Here's an inside look into how EdOptions educators engage with students on a daily basis:
- Respond to student needs via phone calls, text messages, emails or other forms of communications to provide direct instruction and any additional clarification
- Respond to all emails, messages, and text messages from parents or site coordinators
- Grade student work by providing feedback and encouragement
- Monitor student progress and success
- Prepare weekly progress report data which includes current grade, end date reminders, recommendations concerning student pace, progress, performance, and remediation as needed
- Provide newly enrolled students an overview of help resources
- Contact students that haven't logged into program recently (typically five to seven days or more)
Online Course Offerings
EdOptions Academy offers a broad range of secondary courses to accommodate all your needs. Browse our course catalog
- Core Courses: Give your students a strong foundation with over 100 semesters of courses in the core subject areas - English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies
- Electives:Keep your students motivated and engaged in the learning process with over 72 semesters of diverse and interactive electives
- Career Technical Education: Equip your students with the skills they need to compete in today’s workforce with over 100 semesters of CTE courses
- World Languages: Prepare your students for success in the real world with 28 semesters of highly interactive, graphically rich, and visually stimulating language curriculum to choose from in Spanish I, II, III, AP; French I, II, III, AP; German I, II; Latin I, II; Chinese I, II
- Advanced Placement(AP): Ensure your students are prepared on test day with 10 semesters of courses that address 100% of the standards defined by the college board
- Beyond High School: Suite of 27 semester courses designed specifically to prepare your students for the leading college entrance and placement tests as well as career certification and work skills exams
ISTE Seal of Alignment for Readiness
EdOptions Academy receives the ISTE Seal of Alignment for Readiness. This approval recognizes EdOptions Academy as a highly effective resource for successfully acquiring knowledge and skills that are foundational to the globally recognized ISTE Standards. The Readiness seal of recognition is for resources that focus on learning to use technology and that help build the foundational technology skills needed to support the ISTE Standards. The ISTE Seal of Alignment program rigorously reviews and recognizes resources for their alignment to the ISTE Standards: Creativity and Innovation, Communication and Collaboration, Research and Information Fluency, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Digital Citizenship, and Technology Operations and Concepts.
Enhanced Graphic Learner Progress
The enhanced Graphic Learner Progress feature reflects an accurate picture of learner progress for educators and learners by including all assignments in the percentage-of-progress status. This measure provides an accurate view of learning pace that is key to providing educators with the opportunity to intervene in all learning environments. With this update, Edmentum's Plato Courseware now allows educators to see a regular measure of objectives mastered and also graphs learner progress. In turn, this enables them to quickly and effectively intervene when students need extra instruction. Essentially, this enhancement provides the best of both worlds to learners and educators.
Voice recorder is a tool for educators and learners who use Edmentum's Plato Courseware’s world language and English language arts courses. Since this tool has so many uses we’ve made it available in all courses. Edmentum’s voice recorder provides the opportunity to grade or submit assignments with recorded audio of spoken or world language. Educators can also assess content standards using this digital audio. The voice recorder can be used in teacher graded activities, for supplemental use to enhance current assignments as well as to address student accommodations.