- Rigorous, engaging, and built to state and Common Core standards, and adheres to iNACOL National Standards of Quality Online Courses
- High-quality, state certified teachers experienced in synchronous and asynchronous instruction
- Flexible program implementation and management designed for virtual learning
- Granted program approval by the NCAA Eligibility Center to offer nontraditional instruction for student athletes
- Fully accredited by AdvancEd and recipient of the ISTE Seal of Alignment for Readiness
EdOptions Academy utilizes Edmentum's Plato Courseware to deliver effective online learning programs to all types of learners. EdOptions Academy's fully-accredited virtual school solution allows schools and districts to enhance, expand, and extend their curriculum offerings.
EdOptions Academy educators are committed to building strong relationships through consistent interaction with students. Here's an inside look into how EdOptions educators engage with students on a daily basis:
- Respond to student needs via phone calls, text messages, emails or other forms of communications to provide direct instruction and any additional clarification
- Respond to all emails, messages, and text messages from parents or site coordinators
- Grade student work by providing feedback and encouragement
- Monitor student progress and success
- Prepare weekly progress report data which includes current grade, end date reminders, recommendations concerning student pace, progress, performance, and remediation as needed
- Provide newly enrolled students an overview of help resources
- Contact students that haven't logged into program recently (typically five to seven days or more)
Online Course Offerings
EdOptions Academy offers a broad range of secondary courses to accommodate all your needs. Browse our course catalog
- Core Courses: Give your students a strong foundation with over 100 semesters of courses in the core subject areas - English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies
- Electives:Keep your students motivated and engaged in the learning process with over 72 semesters of diverse and interactive electives
- Career Technical Education: Equip your students with the skills they need to compete in today’s workforce with over 100 semesters of CTE courses
- World Languages: Prepare your students for success in the real world with 28 semesters of highly interactive, graphically rich, and visually stimulating language curriculum to choose from in Spanish I, II, III, AP; French I, II, III, AP; German I, II; Latin I, II; Chinese I, II
- Advanced Placement(AP): Ensure your students are prepared on test day with 10 semesters of courses that address 100% of the standards defined by the college board
- Beyond High School: Suite of 27 semester courses designed specifically to prepare your students for the leading college entrance and placement tests as well as career certification and work skills exams
ISTE Seal of Alignment for Readiness
EdOptions Academy receives the ISTE Seal of Alignment for Readiness. This approval recognizes EdOptions Academy as a highly effective resource for successfully acquiring knowledge and skills that are foundational to the globally recognized ISTE Standards. The Readiness seal of recognition is for resources that focus on learning to use technology and that help build the foundational technology skills needed to support the ISTE Standards. The ISTE Seal of Alignment program rigorously reviews and recognizes resources for their alignment to the ISTE Standards: Creativity and Innovation, Communication and Collaboration, Research and Information Fluency, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Digital Citizenship, and Technology Operations and Concepts.
Over 100 Career and Technical Education Courses
Ensure that your students are college and career ready with Plato Courseware's Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses. Edmentum provides an extensive CTE library with over 100 courses in all 16 nationally recognized Career Clusters®. Customizable content provides educators with the ability to personalize learning for each learner's interests. In addition, Edmentum will continue its CTE catalog expansion this fall with the addition of three new courses: Intro to Mobile App Development, Intro to Cybersecurity, and Advanced Computer Science.
Voice recorder is a tool for educators and learners who use Edmentum's Plato Courseware’s world language and English language arts courses. Since this tool has so many uses we’ve made it available in all courses. Edmentum’s voice recorder provides the opportunity to grade or submit assignments with recorded audio of spoken or world language. Educators can also assess content standards using this digital audio. The voice recorder can be used in teacher graded activities, for supplemental use to enhance current assignments as well as to address student accommodations. To learn more about how this tool works, check out this blog.
Health and Fitness Powered by Carone Learning
Edmentum is pleased to announce our brand new K-12 health and fitness library powered by Carone Learning. This new partnership will provide over 65 semesters of health, fitness, and career and technical education curriculum to promote healthy living and expand student options. Aligned to meet your state standards, students can identify their own personal health and fitness plans with structured guidance. Students receive personalized experience that focuses on their health and fitness needs, goals, and interests where they can identify their own pathway at their own pace. Review this blog post to learn more about his partnership, and to view the specific courses that will be offered, check out our course catalog.