RACE TO THE TOP
RACE TO THE TOP
Race to the Top, competitive grant program. Purpose is to have States advance reforms around four specific areas:
- Adopting standards and assessments that prepare students to succeed in college and the workplace and to compete in the global economy;
- Building data systems that measure student growth and success, and inform teachers and principals about how they can improve instruction;
- Recruiting, developing, rewarding, and retaining effective teachers and principals.
- Turning around our lowest-achieving schools.
Race to the Top State Competition
Focus: Comprehensive education reforms
Purpose: This grant competition rewards States that demonstrate leadership with ambitious plans for comprehensive education reforms.
Award range: $20 million to $700 million
Awardees: Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Tennessee
Use of funds: Half of the funds will be used to implement statewide reforms; the other half is distributed to participating school districts to implement the four RTTT reforms.
Edmentum provides programs that help schools meet the goals of Race To The Top by:
- Helping to turn around lowest-achieving schools by promoting mastery of academic standards for all students through lessons and assessments built from state standards.
- Increasing accountability of students and schools by providing detailed reports
- Providing guidance and opportunities for individualized instruction in reported areas of weakness