RACE TO THE TOP
RACE TO THE TOP
Race to the Top, competitive grant program. Purpose is to have States advance reforms around four specific areas:
- Adopting standards and assessments that prepare students to succeed in college and the workplace and to compete in the global economy;
- Building data systems that measure student growth and success, and inform teachers and principals about how they can improve instruction;
- Recruiting, developing, rewarding, and retaining effective teachers and principals.
- Turning around our lowest-achieving schools.
Race to the Top State Competition
Focus: Comprehensive education reforms
Purpose: This grant competition rewards States that demonstrate leadership with ambitious plans for comprehensive education reforms.
Award range: $20 million to $700 million
Awardees: Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Tennessee
Use of funds: Half of the funds will be used to implement statewide reforms; the other half is distributed to participating school districts to implement the four RTTT reforms.
Edmentum provides programs that help schools meet the goals of Race To The Top by:
- Helping to turn around lowest-achieving schools by promoting mastery of academic standards for all students through lessons and assessments built from state standards.
- Increasing accountability of students and schools by providing detailed reports
- Providing guidance and opportunities for individualized instruction in reported areas of weakness
Edmentum, Inc. is a leading provider of online learning solutions designed to drive learner achievement for academic and career success. With more than 50 years of experience driving significant advances in the industry, Edmentum offers a wide variety of innovative solutions spanning a multitude of program areas to empower 21st century teaching and learning.