Title I, under No Child Left Behind, is designed to provide funds to school districts to ensure all children, especially disadvantaged children, receive a high-quality education and meet the prescribed state academic standards in core subject areas.
Approved programs through Title I need to provide additional academic support and opportunities to learn for all children. Funds may be used to extend and reinforce regular school curriculum including, but not limited to:
- Extra instruction in reading and math
- School-wide improvement programs
- Targeted assistance programs
- Special preschool programs
- After-school programs
- Summer programs
ESEA Waivers and Title I Funding:
Typically waivers are removing the requirement for districts to reserve 20% of Title I funds for Supplemental Education Services and 10% of Title I funds for professional development. Districts can use these funds for Focus and Priority schools.
“Priority” schools are the 5% lowest performing schools in the state. The next 10% lowest performing are considered “Focus” schools. Districts can identify Focus and Priority schools as a school-wide program and use Title I funds for all students instead of just the students labeled as Title I students.
Edmentum solutions provide programs that help schools meet the goals of Title I by:
- Promoting mastery of academic standards for all students through lessons and assessments built from state standards
- Increasing accountability of students and schools by providing detailed reports that show where students, classes, or schools stand in mastery of the required standards
- Providing guidance and opportunities for individualized instruction in reported areas of weakness
Edmentum, Inc. is a leading provider of online learning solutions designed to drive learner achievement for academic and career success. With more than 50 years of experience driving significant advances in the industry, Edmentum offers a wide variety of innovative solutions spanning a multitude of program areas to empower 21st century teaching and learning.