Title II funds are to be used by schools and districts to increase student achievement by improving the quality of teachers and administrators through high-quality, research-based professional development. Title II also provides funds for schools to hold local educational agencies and schools accountable for improvements in student academic achievement.
The purpose of Title IID funds is to assist schools and districts in implementing and supporting a system that uses technology to improve student academic achievement. These initiatives should provide an integration of technology effectively in lessons and curriculum that are aligned with state standards.
(1) PRIMARY GOAL- The primary goal of this part is to improve student academic achievement through the use of technology in elementary schools and secondary schools.
(2) ADDITIONAL GOALS- The additional goals of this part are the following:
(A) To assist every student in crossing the digital divide by ensuring that every student is technologically literate by the time the student finishes the eighth grade, regardless of the student's race, ethnicity, gender, family income, geographic location, or disability.
(B) To encourage the effective integration of technology resources and systems with teacher training and curriculum development to establish research-based instructional methods that can be widely implemented as best practices by State educational agencies and local educational agencies.
Edmentum provides programs that help schools meet the goals of Title II by:
- Enhancing teacher quality through professional development designed to improve student achievement using research-based programs directly built from state standards.
- Promoting communication among parents, teachers, administrators and students through the use of technology.
- Assists every student in crossing the digital divide by providing online courses so every student is technologically literate and by improving student academic achievement through the use of online learning technology
Edmentum, Inc. is a leading provider of online learning solutions designed to drive learner achievement for academic and career success. With more than 50 years of experience driving significant advances in the industry, Edmentum offers a wide variety of innovative solutions spanning a multitude of program areas to empower 21st century teaching and learning.