ISTE Seal of Alignment for EdOptions Academy
Edmentum’s EdOptions Academy has been awarded the ISTE Seal of Alignment for Readiness. This approval recognizes EdOptions Academy as a highly effective resource for successfully acquiring knowledge and skills that are foundational to the globally recognized ISTE Standards. EdOptions Academy is a fully accredited, virtual school solution that allows schools and districts to enhance, expand, and extend their program offerings to meet the diverse needs of their students.
"[EdOptions Acadmey] helps foster the development of useful foundational technology skills; students are expected to utilize technology in order to complete course assignments, lessons, and unit projects in a cleanly designed, easy-to-navigate tool.”
- ISTE Reviewers
About the ISTE Seal of Alignment for Readiness
Resources and products designed with the ISTE Standards in mind and earning a Seal of Alignment are choosing to demonstrate their commitment to support critical digital age learning skills and knowledge. Submissions undergo a rigorous review by a panel of standards experts and are evaluated based on the extent to which they build the skills embodied in the standards indicators.
Review of EdOptions Academy
ISTE reviewers conducted a review of a mixture of both two- and four-semester courses offered within the EdOptions Academy across a wide sample of content areas such as English, science/health, math, computer programing, government, and electronic communication. EdOptions Academy supports the ISTE Standards for Students in the following ways:
Creativity and Innovation
- Create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
- Use models and simulations to explore complex systems and issues.
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats.
Research and Information Fluency
- Locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media.
- Evaluate and select information sources and digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks.
- Process data and report results.
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
- Collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions.
- Advocate and practice safe, legal and responsible use of information and technology.
Technology Operations and Concepts
- Understand and use technology systems.