Study at a Glance
• The study examines the effectiveness of Study Island on mathematics and reading achievement in 327 classrooms from 77 schools across 12 districts in eight states over a multiyear period.
• Results indicate that classrooms using Study Island experience growth in learning at a rate significantly higher than district and state averages.
• Overall, 77% of classes using Study Island exhibited achievement gains from the prior year in math; 70% of classes realized gains in reading.
• In classrooms that had previously not implemented Study Island, 87% experienced achievement gains in math the first year. In reading, 78% of first-time Study Island classes saw learning gains.
• Classrooms using Study Island experienced academic growth gains up to 5 times greater than the corresponding rate of district growth during the study period.