TITLE VI, (Part B: Rural Education Initiative)
Title VI, Part B contains Rural Education Achievement Program initiatives designed to help rural districts, in part by addressing:
- Teacher recruitment and retention
- Teacher professional development, including programs that train teachers to utilize technology to improve teaching and to train special needs teachers.
- Educational technology, including software and hardware, as described in part D of Title II.
TITLE IID: Enhancing Education Through Technology (EETT)
(The purpose of Title IID funds is to assist schools and districts in implementing and supporting a system that uses technology to improve student academic achievement. These initiatives should provide an integration of technology effectively in lessons and curriculum that are aligned with state standards.)
Title VI GOALS
(1) PRIMARY GOAL- The primary goal of this part is to improve student academic achievement through the use of technology in elementary schools and secondary schools.
(2) ADDITIONAL GOALS- The additional goals of this part are the following:
(A) To assist every student in crossing the digital divide by ensuring that every student is technologically literate by the time the student finishes the eighth grade, regardless of the student's race, ethnicity, gender, family income, geographic location, or disability.
(B) To encourage the effective integration of technology resources and systems with teacher training and curriculum development to establish research-based instructional methods that can be widely implemented as best practices by State educational agencies and local educational agencies.
Edmentum provides programs that help schools meet the goals of Title VI by:
- Enhancing teacher quality through professional development designed to improve student achievement using research-based programs directly built from state standards.
- Promoting communication among parents, teachers, administrators and students through the use of technology.
- Complies with the purpose of Title IID to assist every student in crossing the digital divide by providing online courses so every student is technologically literate and by improving student academic achievement through the use of online learning technology