Missouri Course Access and Virtual School Program (MOCAP) Approval
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has approved Edmentum Courseware and EdOptions Academy as Missouri Course Access Program (MOCAP) providers and 293 semester-length courses have already been approved with more under review.
The MOCAP approved courses have been through a stringent review process, including:
- Course alignment to Missouri Learning Standards
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Data security review
- Missouri appropriately certified teachers (EdOptions Academy)
- AP courses in the catalog have been approved by the College Board
Edmentum Courseware and EdOptions Academy courses provide a wide variety of highly interactive, video rich content for learners who are at grade level, falling behind, or advanced. We are the industry leader in providing course variety - with a broad range of core subjects, electives, world languages, and advanced courses to fit all of your needs. Use our approved courses with your teachers or our Missouri-certified teachers.
Edmentum Courseware and EdOptions Academy MOCAP Course Approval
View the MOCAP course catalog for a full list of approved courses.
The Missouri Course Access and Virtual School Program (MOCAP) provides a course catalog of virtual online courses for students statewide. Students will be able to take an entire course from any Internet-connected computer, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
MOCAP's mission is to offer Missouri students equal access to a wide range of high quality courses and interactive online learning that is neither time nor place dependent.
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and the State Board of Education oversee administration and quality assurance activities such as related content and delivery of courses. Missouri-certified teachers facilitate MOCAP courses. MOCAP provides Missouri students with equal access to a wide range of coursework, anywhere, any time.
MOCAP allows Missouri to:
- Expand the range of courses and opportunities offered to students
- Offer courses for students where there are no qualified teachers to teach the course
- Offer students a course not offered by their school district
- Provide courses for students who have schedules that prevent them from taking a course when it is offered
- Present high quality instruction to students who are in alternative education settings or on home and hospital instruction
- Provide additional support and extended time to students who failed to achieve in regular courses
- Provides equity across programs and school in the quality of instruction MOCAP offers “any time, any place” learning for Missouri students.